«Determine what you want for your family» by Pavel Verbnyak.
Parenting is one of the most important responsibilities and the greatest joy in the life of every person and every family. Childbirth imposes an enormous responsibility on parents. They are responsible not only for themselves, but also for what will be the next generation.
Most parents, whose children have already grown up, regret they chose wrong approach to their education, did not know basic principles, did notdedicated enough time and attention.
Parents should identify the goals of children’s education
Brian Tracy highlights several goals, which parents usually try to reach raising children.
1. To become good parents. It is not easy and requires continuous work on yourself. The concept of continuous development helps in this case. Gradually, step by step, you have to develop necessary skills and abilities. Prepared parents face less difficulties, but even they cannot avoid them completely. With more experience and listening to advice of other people, you can anticipate and prevent problems.
2. To raise happy and healthy kids. The parents’ duty is to provide the child with everything necessary for him/her to be dressed, fed and healthy.
3. To raise self-confident people with high self-esteem. Only a person, who loves and accepts himself, can meet challenges and deal with them regardless of any circumstances.
4. To raise people, who have a clear understanding of what they want. We have to show our children that we are proud of their achievements, then success in life will be important for them.
5. To make your children capable of positive communication. In order to be popular among peers, the child has to love and respect himself and be good to other people. Therefore, it is very important for him to feel parental love. This helps children to build relationships with the opposite sex in future. Girl, whose father displays love to her, will look for trust and happy relationship. She has a better chance to create a happy family. Watching the parents, the child forms an idea of what should be the relationship between a man and a woman. The behavior pattern formed in childhood can help a child to have a happy family life in the future.
6. To help children develop healthy habits. This is the fact that people’s behavior is 95% determined by these habits. Often, we borrow it from people we want to be like. It takes years of education to make children firmly grasp the rules of etiquette and good habits. Therefore, it requires patience and endurance to succeed. One of the good habits is the desire for a healthy diet and moderation in eating. Encourage children to eat as much as necessary to beat hunger.
7. To make children strong and mature personalities. Everyone should have the developed leadership skills to be confident and to achieve something in life.